The professionals at TERRA understand that the characteristics of what is beneath the ground are just as important as what is being constructed upon it. This is why we offer comprehensive Construction Materials Testing or CMT services. The CMT department is managed by owner, Mark Behrens, who boasts more than 23 years of experience.
The most fundamental aspects of any development project are the subsurface materials, soil and rock, and the interaction between these materials and the development and structures. Knowing the building footprint and utilizing CMT services to test the soil capacity beneath the foundation and understand the subsurface conditions can offer valuable information which may help clients avoid costly mistakes for unsuitable soil condition during construction.
We know how important construction materials testing can be to our clients who count on our expertise in identifying and designing around subsurface conditions in land surveying and site engineering projects.
The TERRA Construction Materials Testing (CMT) department offers clients:
- Complete laboratory testing of soil, concrete, and other construction materials in house
- Soil compaction testing and inspection
- Concrete Testing
- Asphalt Testing
- Foundation construction observations / inspections
- Documentation of Construction Activities and Quantities
- Field inspection and quality control of masonry construction
- Fireproofing Sampling & Testing
- Floor Flatness/Levelness Testing
- Highway Construction Testing
- Mortar, grout, block and brick testing
- Steel fabrication inspection and erection and fastener inspection
- Weld inspection and testing
- Concrete/Asphalt Coring