TERRA is unique in that it offers a wide range of Geotechnical Engineering services which is not common among companies of our size. The Geotechnical Engineering department is managed by principal and owner, Mark Behrens, who boasts more than 23 years of experience in the field.
The characteristics of what is beneath the ground are just as important as what is being constructed upon it. Along with knowing the building footprint and the soil capacity beneath the foundation, understanding the subsurface conditions for the overall site can offer valuable information that helps avoid costly change orders for unsuitable soil condition during construction. We take the job seriously knowing that clients count on our expertise in identifying and designing around subsurface conditions in land surveying and site engineering projects.
TERRA has an exclusive partnership with a local drilling company to allow for more control over schedules and quality of drilling to quickly facilitate client needs.
The TERRA Geotechnical Engineering department offers clients:
- Subsurface Geological Exploration /Investigation
- In-Situ & Geophysical Testing
- Laboratory Testing in-house
- Civil Site Development Recommendations
- Foundation Analysis and Design
- Seismic Evaluations
- Dams, Levees, and Embankments
- Earth Retaining Structures
- Reinforced Embankment Design
- Landfill Exploration & Design
- Settlement & Bearing Capacity Analysis
- Soil or Rock Slope Stability Analysis
- Ground Improvement Recommendations
- Carbonate (Karst) Hazard Evaluation
- Groundwater Evaluations & Dewatering Recommendations
- Pavement Analysis and Design
- Pavement Subgrade Chemical Stabilization Recommendations
- Construction Recommendations
- Forensic Engineering studies
- Value Engineering